Friday, May 3, 2013

Food plots

Food plots can be useful for deer, turkeys, quail, and even waterfowl! They are a lot of work to grow and maintain but they are worth it if you keep a lot of deer on your land. They best brands of food plot seed are Evolved Harvest and Bio Logic. Evolved makes a seed called Throw and Grow that will grow about any where and you can plant it by only using yard tools. Bio Logic is good because it will last for years if you plant and maintain it the right way. We planted some Bio Logic in the river bottoms one year and it didn't work because the soil was too sandy for it to grow. Both these brands make all kinds of products. I am going to plant a clover food plot this year for turkeys at my turkey hunting spot. I am also going to plant a few throw and grow plots in different places on my deer hunting land. I hope it will hold lots of deer and turkeys on my land. 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment